Chef Aaron McCargo, Jr.:
Knock Your Socks Off Chicken Broccoli Stromboli
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough (Note: dough can be purchased at some local pizzerias as well as grocery stores)
- 2 cups broccoli florets blanched
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup shredded low-salt mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh garlic
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
Mix in large bowl: chicken, cheese, pepper flakes, broccoli, garlic and oregano, and set aside.
Dust table top with flour and roll out dough until you reach an 11x14 rectangle shape.
Place chicken mixture about 2 inches from the edge of the dough, along the longest side.
Roll and pinch the ends and seam until tightly sealed (a fork can be used to crimp edges for a sure tight seal).
Brush the top with olive oil and make 3 small slits on the top of the dough.
Bake 8-12 minutes or until golden brown on lightly oiled cookie sheet or sheet tray
Remove, let sit for 3-5 minutes, then slice and serve.
|Nutrition Per Serving|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|