Chex Snack Mix
Yield: 6 Servings (Serving size 1 cup)
- 1 cup rice chex
- 1 cup corn chex
- 1 cup unsalted pretzel twists
- 3 cups unsalted popcorn
- 1/3 cup unsalted margarine, melted
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder, melted
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
Mix cereals, pretzels, and popcorn in a large bowl.
Combine margarine, spices and hot pepper sauce.
Pour over cereal mixture. Toss to coat.
Add Parmesan cheese and stir again.
Pour onto a large baking sheet or 9 x 13 pan.
Bake 7 – 10 minutes in 350-degree oven.
Contributed by: The Council on Renal Nutrition of New England (CRNNE)
Originally published in “Now You’re Cooking…A Resource for People with Kidney Disease.”
|Nutrition Per Serving|
|Total Fat||11 g|