Tips for Healthy Tailgating
- Remember the basics: Don’t forget paper plates, napkins and plenty of ice in the cooler to keep your food cold.
- Stick to low-stress recipes: Foods that use simple ingredients and tools will let you spend less time cooking, and more time watching the game.
- Make a grocery list and read food labels’ nutrition facts: Advance planning and careful shopping can help you avoid making poor choices in football food.
- Choose salt-free snacks: To satisfy your crunchy cravings, slice corn tortillas into wedges, spray with non-stick cooking spray and bake for 20 minutes. For extra flavor, brush with lime juice and sprinkle with your favorite salt-free seasoning mix.
- Make food ahead, in individual servings: Pre-cooking and portioning, when possible, makes meals faster and easier to serve, and to clean up. You’ll also be less likely to overeat.
Don't feel like you have to sit on the sidelines - tailgating can still be fun on a dialysis diet. Visit our recipe center to discover delicious and easy to make dialysis-friendly recipes that will make you the most valuable player at any party!