In The News
October 22, 2013 - Chef McCargo demonstrates two dialysis-friendly recipes, a yummy Turkey Salad Wrap and Fall Harvest Orzo Salad.
October 22, 2013 - Chef Aaron McCargo, Jr. stopped by the KHOU-TV studio to demonstrate his dialysis-friendly tailgate recipe for Chipotle Chicken Wings.
August 29, 2013 - 97-year-old Helen Conklin recently started doing at-home peritoneal dialysis and enjoys educating others of the benefits.
August 28, 2013 - Chef McCargo has created kidney-friendly recipes to give dialysis patients what they crave, without all the added salt.
August 28, 2013 - At-home dialysis treatment has allowed Freeport resident Regina Green the freedom to live life to the fullest.
August 26, 2013 - Muskegon, MI dialysis clinic is now equipped with a mobile generator unit that provides back-up treatment access during emergencies and outages.
July 22, 2013 - Jon Evans, dialysis patient and accomplished teacher in Oak Park, IL, never stops reaching for his personal and professional goals.
July 10, 2013 - Chef Aaron McCargo,Jr. offers dialysis patients five tips for grilling kidney-friendly meals this summer.
July 2, 2013 - 23-year-old Ben Brinton relies on home dialysis in order to maintain a busy schedule working on his family's farm.
May 22, 2013 - Fresenius Medical Care dialysis clinics worked to keep patients safe during the tornado disaster in the town of Moore, Oklahoma and surrounding areas.
May 20, 2013 - The new nocturnal dialysis program at Fresenius Medical Care has garnered praise from local doctors and industry experts who say there is a need for the service.
April 7, 2013 - Fresenius Medical Care recently opened a new state of the art dialysis facility in Dover, New Hampshire.
April 4, 2013 - Fresenius Medical Care in Hoboken, NJ is hosting a grand re-opening celebration six months after Hurricane Sandy forced the clinic to close.
March 28, 2013 - Chef Aaron McCargo visited Jeffersonville, IN to share the new set of recipes he developed for dialysis patients.
March 23, 2013 - Amos Taylor, a 51-year-old elementary school math teacher in Fort Walton Beach Florida, shares what his life is like with dialysis.
March 20, 2013 - Dr. Eric Schneider, a nephrologist and medical director for Fresenius Medical Care, is interviewed about Chronic Kidney Disease education and awareness.
March 15, 2013 - Chef Aaron McCargo visits Birmingham, Alabama to share his kidney-friendly recipes in honor of National Kidney Month.
March 14, 2013 - Celebrating National Kidney Month, Fresenius Medical Care brings Chef McCargo to Chicago to share dialysis-friendly recipes on FOX TV's morning show.
March 13, 2013 - Fresenius Medical Care is bringing Chef Aaron McCargo, Jr. to several U.S. cities in recognition of National Kidney Month.
March 13, 2013 - The Fresenius Medical Care Birmingham clinic has relocated to a new facility that features a "home-like setting" to accommodate an expanding home dialysis program and help dialysis patients learn how to administer their own treatments.
March 11, 2013 - Celebrating National Kidney Month, Fresenius Medical Care brings Chef McCargo to New York to share dialysis-friendly recipes on FOX TV's morning show.
March 11, 2013 - Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) continues to affect more adults as the population ages and obesity rates increase. Hidden symptoms also make it difficult to detect the disease.
March 10, 2013 - Fresenius Medical Care Medical Director Dr. Eric Schneider speaks to KSTP-TV in Minneapolis, MN about Kidney Disease in honor of National Kidney Month.
March 8, 2013 - Chef Aaron McCargo shares his mini frittata recipe for "Good Day Cafe" on Fox 5 New York.
March 8, 2013 - Fresenius Medical Care offers fitness tips and ways to stay active for dialysis patients.
March 5, 2013 - Celebrating National Kidney Month, Fresenius Medical Care brings Chef McCargo to Boston to share dialysis-friendly recipes on FOX 25 TV's morning show.
March 5, 2013 - Chef Aaron McCargo appears on the Fox 25 Boston television morning show to share dialysis-friendly recipes and tips.
March 5, 2013 - Fresenius Medical Care's Dr. Dugan Maddux appeared on Fox 25 Boston to discuss kidney health in honor of National Kidney Month.
January 30, 2013 - The Hispanic population's higher risk of renal failure makes prevention education more important. Fresenius Medical Care and National Kidney Foundation held an awareness campaign in Miami, Florida around these issues.
January 26, 2013 - John Gurley, a patient at the Fresenius Medical Care clinic in Andalusia, AL, credits the compassionate and caring staff for his positive experience with dialysis.
January 23, 2013 -
Iowa resident Cindy McKee has learned to give herself dialysis in the comfort of her own home, after growing tired of her three times per week trips to the dialysis clinic. Mckee said she would tell others thinking about switching to home dialysis to try it.
January 21, 2013 - Fresenius Medical Care patient Doug Thompson has seen his quality of life improve greatly since switching from in-center dialysis to noctural at-home treatment. He now advocates home therapy to other dialysis patients and encourages them to explore their treatment options.
January 11, 2013 - Chef Aaron McCargo, Jr. gives some advice on how dialysis patients and anyone looking to eat healthy can improve their diet this year.
December 26, 2012 - William Darby lives a fulfilling life on dialysis while working nearly full-time at his local Publix Super Market.
December 24, 2012 - Jacque Metcalfe, 62, faced a terminal diagnosis after she was diagnosed with a heart condition that reacted badly with her dialysis. One month later, she recieved a new surgical procedure that saved her and gave her a second chance at life.
December 1, 2012 - Hurricane Sandy brought damage, outages, and displacement to several dialysis clinics that were hard hit by the storm. The dialysis community's advanced planning and emergency response teams ensured that patients continued to receive care.
November 5, 2012 - Inspiring story about a 49-year-old Georgia man who has lived without kidneys for 29 years, who has taken control of his health by doing dialysis at hone, giving him a better quality of life. Chuck Letner was honored with the Fresenius Medical Care Pioneer in Excellence Award.
- Chef Aaron McCargo, Jr. offers tips on stocking the kitchen with ingredients that add great flavor to dialysis-friendly meals, in an interview for Media Planet's Kidney Health Supplement to USA Today.
- Alpharetta man, 49, talks about choosing home dialysis as 'the best decision of my life', and says 'the level of independence it provides is very empowering.'
- Chef McCargo visits FOX News Rising to demonstrate a dialysis-friendly meal good for the whole family, and talks about his partnership with Fresenius Medical Care to bring flavorful meals back into the renal diet.
- WCNC-TV's Charlotte Today welcomed Chef Aaron McCargo, Jr. to learn more about the recipes he has created for the dialysis diet through his partnership with Fresenius Medical Care.
- Alan Watkins is interviewed by the Philadelphia Tribune about being selected for Fresenius Medical Care's 2012 Champions in Motion program, and talks about how he inspires fellow patients to live a better life on dialysis.
- Watch Chef Aaron McCargo Jr. cook a dialysis-friendly meal with the Flavor of Bold on WWL-TV in New Orleans.
- Cooking Demonstration on WUSA-TV (Washington, DC)
- Article in April 2012 issue of Nephrology News & Issues contributed by Barbara Zebrowski, Corporate Dietitian for Fresenius Medical Care, about the importance of balancing a renal-friendly diet with flavor. Includes interview with Food Network star Chef Aaron McCargo, Jr. about recipes he's developed to make the renal diet healthy, easy and flavorful.
- Brandi Zenker, Registered Dietitian with Fresenius Medical Care, is interviewed on WFMY-TV (Greensboro, NC) and shares Chef Aaron McCargo Jr.'s recipe for Three Pea Salad with Ginger Lime Vinaigrette.